Established Gwinnett County Family Law Attorney Helps Clients Dissolving Their Marriage
Knowledgeable Lawrenceville firm assists Georgia residents with divorce
Divorce can be emotionally traumatic and legally complex, which is why having a capable attorney by your side could be helpful. At Mark Hill Attorney At Law, LLC, located in Lawrenceville, I have been helping Gwinnett County clients get through divorce and related issues since 1992. I understand the tough decisions my clients must make and how the stress of divorce can cloud those choices. I help you identify your goals for a successful case resolution and work with you to develop a sensible strategy to achieve those goals.
Understanding your options for a divorce in Georgia
Whether your divorce is amicable or disagreeable, I will use my decades of experience to guide you through the process from start to finish. My goal is to safeguard your rights and financial well-being as much as possible as we navigate the dissolution of your marriage. The two main types of divorce in Georgia are:
- Uncontested divorce — An uncontested divorce means that both spouses agree in advance on all major issues, such as the division of property and child custody.
- Contested divorce — When two spouses cannot agree on the essential issues, a traditional divorce, where both sides present evidence and the court decides what the terms should be, is usually the only option.
My law firm can assist you in either type of divorce, working at all times towards a resolution that avoids unnecessary expense, delay and turmoil.
Protecting what is important to you in a divorce proceeding
Divorce is rarely easy, but my law firm can guide you through the process in a way that helps you make important choices with confidence. As your trusted attorney, I am equipped to answer your questions and provide guidance in several areas, including:
- Property division — My law firm will work on your behalf to pursue a fair division of marital assets and debts.
- Child custody and visitation — Questions surrounding child custody are important when it comes to your children’s future. I can help you create a parenting plan that meets state guidelines and fulfills your needs.
- Child support — Both parents have a duty to financially support their children. I can help you pursue a fair child support order that reflects your child’s specific needs.
- Spousal support — I represent my client’s interests when a claim is made for spousal support, also known as alimony. Whether you are the paying or the receiving spouse, I will aim for a fair award.
- Fathers’ rights — When representing fathers, I am determined to protect their rights when it comes to obtaining legal and physical custody of their children and can give you guidance with respect to these issues.
- Mediation — Mediation can be a productive alternative to divorce litigation, and is less contentious and expensive. I assist parties to come to agreements in divorce mediation but will not hesitate to step into the courtroom when appropriate.
When it comes to your family, I understand the need for a balance of determination and compassion. My priority is to achieve your goals in the most cost-effective and least disruptive way possible.
Contact a qualified and compassionate Georgia divorce attorney
At Mark Hill Attorney At Law, LLC, I help Georgia clients manage the important issues of their divorce. My office represents clients throughout Gwinnett County and the state. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 404-414-6102 or contact me online today.